Role of the NB-EETS Coordination Group
The NB-EETS Coordination Group provides the framework for the coordination, cooperation and exchange of experience between EETS Notified Bodies and observers drawn from Europe-wide EETS stakeholder groups, and the European Commission services. Any Body notified in relation with Directive 2004/52/EC and Decision 2009/750/EC is automatically member of the NB-EETS Coordination Group. The working documents, meeting reports, recommendations and guidelines elaborated by the NB-EETS Coordination Group are circulated to all Bodies notified in relation with Directive 2004/52/EC and Decision 2009/750/EC. The activities of the NB-EETS Coordination Group take place under the authority of the Toll Committee set up by Directive 2004/52/EC Article 5(1). The remit of the NB-EETS Coordination Group is limited to technical problems relating to conformity to specifications and suitability for use assessment, in order to ensure a uniform application of the technical provisions of Directive 2004/52/EC and Decision 2009/750/EC by all EETS Notified Bodies. The NB-EETS Coordination Group is specifically active in:
- scrutinizing standards and other technical specifications of EETS relevance;
- in relation with the standards and other technical specifications, providing feedback to the Commission and to the Toll Committee:
- solving problems (likely to be) encountered in practice in the work of EETS Notified Bodies;
- documenting tasks and ways of working in the form of “Recommendations for Use”, with the aim of achieving equivalence of working practices and ensuring a level playing field.
Once adopted by the Group, “Recommendations for use” shall be applied by all EETS Notified Bodies in their EETS-related work.
The NB-EETS Coordination Group “Recommendations for Use”:
- are only intended for the EETS Notified Bodies,
- have the objective to “fill in” missing detail and clarify technical matters, and
- should not extend the work of the EETS Notified Bodies beyond what is required by EETS relevant standards and other normative documents, .
Governance of the NB-EETS Coordination Group
The NB-EETS Coordination Group members are the Bodies notified under Directive 2004/52/EC and Decision 2009/750/EC. The Group can invite to meetings external experts.
The Coordination Group is co-chaired by a representative of the European Commission and a representative of the Notified Bodies elected by the Group.